Rockwool has been a respected name in delivering quality insulation for over forty years, trusted by British homeowners and tradespeople alike. Rockwool insulation is suitable for both residential and...
Rockwool has been a respected name in delivering quality insulation for over forty years, trusted by British homeowners and tradespeople alike. Rockwool insulation is suitable for both residential and commercial projects. Their products primarily consist of their own highly researched blend of mineral wool insulation, which provides incredibly effective thermal and acoustic performance.
In addition to being a supremely effective thermal insulator, Rockwool insulation is also highly fireproof. Giving you the chance to not only make your home more comfortable and minimise the U-value of your property with Rockwool, but also to make your home safer.
Rockwool insulation comes in slabs, rolls and boards, and their products can be used to insulate lofts, walls, floors and more. Rockwool also boast an industry-leading selection of acoustic insulation, which is ideal for anyone looking for a little peace and quiet in a bustling city.
Benefits of Rockwool Insulation:
- Rockwool insulation is available in rolls, slabs and boards – which are easy to install and suitable for almost any part of a building
- Crafted from mineral wool, which is a tried and tested, proven insulator against both heat and sound – saving money on energy bills and making your home a nicer place to live
- Superb fire safety for both residential and commercial properties – fire resistant fibres provide a ‘zero burn, maximum protection’ solution
- Compliant with Building Regulations – designed in accordance with thermal efficiency and fire safety requirements
- Cost-effective solution for all projects – allowing you to insulate your property from £3.80 per square meter
Have More Questions About Rockwool Insulation?
Whatever your question, our award-winning customer service team is here to help. Simply use the online chat feature on our website or call our team on 01295 565 565 to have your questions answered. With over 40 years’ experience in DIY and roofing, they’ll be able to recommend the perfect Rockwool insulation for your needs.
Common Questions About Rockwool Insulation
What is Rockwool Insulation?
Rockwool insulation is a unique blend of mineral wool insulation. Their insulation comprises of Basalt (a volcanic rock) and slag, which is a by-product of the steel industry. These minerals are then melted down at very high temperatures and woven into the fibres which form their insulation.
Is Rockwool Insulation Better Than Fibreglass?
Fibreglass or glass wool insulation is another highly popular form of insulation used right across the UK. When installed correctly, both Rockwool or mineral wool insulation as well as fibreglass provide excellent thermal protection, but there are a few key differences between each.
- Thermal Performance: Mineral wool insulation has a slightly higher R-value than fibreglass, with approx. 3.0-3.3 vs 2.2-2.7
- Sustainability: Mineral wool insulation is composed of up to 70 percent or more recycled material. Glass wool insulation on the other hand is usually only up to a quarter recycled.
- Price: Fibreglass insulation can be up to 25 or even 50 percent cheaper than Rockwool insulation.
- Density: Mineral wool insulation is far more dense, making it ideal as soundproofing acoustic insulation. Its density also makes it more resistant to compression, which is a common cause of insulation performing poorly.
- Weight: Glass wool insulation is lighter, but nowhere near as rigid. The rigidity of mineral wool means it won’t lose its shape as easily, although it is slightly heavier.
- Hygroscopic: Rockwool insulation is highly resistant to moisture and water, as well as combatting rot, damp and mould. Glass wool on the other hand is highly susceptible to water damage.
- Easy to Install: Thanks to the rigidity of products such as Rockwool insulation slabs, they’re very easy to work with, able to be slotted into place with minimal fuss. Glass wool insulation on the other hand requires much more work, including being secured with staples or wire.
Do You Need A Vapour Barrier with Rockwool Insulation?
Rockwool insulation is designed to combat excess moisture in the air very effectively. However it does not come equipped with its own foil facing or vapour barrier membrane, meaning if you’re going to install it somewhere where excess moisture is more of a concern, we’d recommend purchasing a separate vapour barrier.
Where is Mineral Wool Insulation Used?
Mineral wool insulation is highly versatile, and can be installed almost anywhere one might insulate such as walls, floors and lofts.
Is Mineral Wool Insulation Combustible?
No, due to the way in which mineral wool insulation is manufactured, it’s non-combustible. Rockwool have dedicated significant resources, time and effort into maximising the fire-resistance of their insulation. This has been achieved thanks to their unique blend of materials which has been thoroughly tested for safety.
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021