Refund, Returns & Cancellation Policy
1 - Your rights to end the contract
1.1 - You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing, when you decide to end the contract and whether you are a consumer or business customer:
- 1.1.1 - If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 5 if you are a consumer and clause 6 if you are a business.
- 1.1.2 - If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 1.2.
- 1.1.3 - If you are a consumer and have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 1.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions, such as delivery charge. You will be required to pay for the cost to return any goods.
- 1.1.4 - In all other cases (if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer exercising your right to change your mind), see [clause 1.6 OR clause 2].
1.2 - Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. Reasons why we may end you contract are:
- 1.2.1 - we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- 1.2.2 - there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- 1.2.3 - we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 12 weeks; or
- 1.2.4 - you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
1.3 Exercising your right to change your mind if you are a consumer (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). If you are a consumer then for most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
You will not be eligible to exercise your rights to return items within 14 days.
1.4 - When customers do not have a right to change their minds. Your right as a consumer or business customer to change your mind does not apply in respect of:
- 1.4.1 - Any goods which are made to order or custom made items;
- 1.4.2 - Your cancellation rights will not apply if the product has been highlighted as custom made or made to order in the product description and/or highlighted on your order confirmation as such.
- 1.4.3 - If products have been used, installed or fully unpacked and are not in re-saleable condition.
1.5 - How long do consumers have to change their minds? If you are a consumer you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
- 1.5.1 - Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery.
- 1.5.2 - Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
1.6 - Business Customers (Customers who have purchased using a Roofing Megastore trade account, or using a business billing address and are paying via a business financial account or credit card).
- 1.6.1 - Even if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has a right to change their mind (see clause 1.1), you can still end the contract, but you may have to pay us compensation.
- 1.6.2 - A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end a contract before it is completed, where we are not at fault, and you are not a consumer who has changed their mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund any reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract, including a re-stocking charge of up to 30% if goods picked and waiting to be dispatched with our chosen courier.
- 1.6.3 - If you want to end a contract after it has been completed, where we are not at fault, and you are not a consumer who has changed their mind, you must notify us with 2 working days of receiving the goods and return within 7 days of receipt of the goods. Any returns outside of these dates will not be accepted. Items returned will incur a re-stocking charge of up to 30% on the cost of the goods, unless there is a product fault. Goods must be returned at your own cost. No refunds will be made in respect of carriage charges.
- 1.6.4 - If you believe the goods to have a fault, please do not return them without first contacting us to explain the problem, as a refund or part refund cannot be given unless it is fully established by the manufacturer (not Roofing Megastore Ltd) that the fault is with the goods and that they have not been damaged or wrongly fitted.
- 1.6.5 - Goods returned outside of the returns policy may be sent back to the customer and/or charged to the customer for return.
- 1.6.6 - Goods must be returned to the depot who provided the goods and not to Roofing Megastore headquarters. Depot addresses will be provided during the return process. Any goods returned to Roofing Megastore headquarters will be refused and sent back to sender or will incur a cost for us to send onto the relevant depot, of which this will be deducted from your refund value.
- 1.6.7 - Any single item with an ex-VAT value of £250 or over is returnable at our discretion.
- 1.6.8 - Once the goods have been received in a resaleable condition, any sum debited to us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within [30 days of your order] PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we will be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
- 1.6.9 - You will be re-credited for the costs incurred in returning any faulty goods.
2 - How to end the contract with us (including if you are a consumer who has changed their mind)
2.1 - Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Please provide your name, home address, details of the order number and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- 2.1.2 - Online. Complete the Online return and refund form on our website.
- 2.1.3 - By post. Write to us and send to Customer Services, Roofing Megastore, Kingfisher House, Unit 17 Overthorpe Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 4SX, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your order number, name and address.
2.2 - Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us.
2.3 You must return the goods in their original packaging and sufficiently protected so as to avoid any damage. Goods being returned must be sent by secure carrier and by signed delivery to the address provided by Roofing Megastore Ltd. We recommend that you take photo’s of the items and their condition before returning them. Goods that are sent by your own returning method is your responsibility, we will not be liable if goods are deemed non resaleable.
2.4 - When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- 2.4.1 - if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- 2.4.2 - if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
2.5 - In all other circumstances (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return. We recommend that you take photo’s of the items and their condition before returning them. Goods that are sent by your own returning method is your responsibility, we will not be liable if goods are deemed non resaleable.
2.6 - What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. The cost can vary per items and our Customer Service Team will advise you of these costs when arranging collection.
2.7 - How we will refund you. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price for the goods, excluding the delivery charge, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
2.8 - When we may make deduction from refunds if you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
2.8.1 - We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. (For example, the goods show sign of being installed, parts are broken or missing, or they are not in their original packaging ready for resale).
If we refund you the price paid before we can inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, we will invoice you to pay us an appropriate amount. This can be paid by BACS or a credit or debit card via our Customer Service team.
- 2.8.2 - When delivery will be refunded, the maximum refund for delivery costs will be, the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within [3-5] days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
2.9 - When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind then:
- 2.9.1 - your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the products back from you. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 2.2.
- 2.9.2 - In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
3 - Our rights to end the contract
3.1 - We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- 3.1.1 - you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, provide proof of identity when your order requires a security check or when we are informing you of an out of stock part and you do not return our call or reply to our email within 14 days.
- 3.1.2 - you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you;
- 3.1.3 - We have tried to deliver your items twice or more and failed as no one was available at the property to receive it.
3.2 - You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 3.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
3.3 - We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 14 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
4 - If there is a problem with the product
5 - Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a consumer
5.1 - If you are a consumer we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the products. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
5.2 - Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products, you must post them back to our nominated depot or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 01295 565565 or email us at [email protected] for a return label or to arrange collection.
6 - Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a business
6.1 - If you are a business customer we warrant that on delivery any products which are goods shall:
- 6.1.1 - conform in all material respects with their description.
- 6.1.2 - be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship.
- 6.1.3 - be of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979).
- 6.1.4 - be fit for any purpose held out by us.
6.2 Subject to clause 6.3, if:
- 6.2.1 - you give us notice in writing with 2 working days of receiving goods if you discover that a product does not comply with the warranty set out in clause 6.1.
- 6.2.2 - we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining such product.
6.2.3 - you return such product to us at our cost.
we shall, at our option, repair or replace the defective product, or refund the price of the defective product in full.
6.3 We will not be liable for a product's failure to comply with the warranty in clause 6.1 if:
- 6.3.1 - you make any further use of such product after giving a notice in accordance with clause 6.2.1;
- 6.3.2 - the defect arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the product or (if there are none) good trade practice;
- 6.3.3 - the defect arises as a result of us following any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Customer;
- 6.3.4 - you alter or repair the product without our written consent; or
- 6.3.5 - the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal working conditions.
6.4 - Except as provided in this clause 6, we shall have no liability to you in respect of a product's failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 6.1.
6.5 - These terms shall apply to any repaired or replacement products supplied by us under clause 6.2.