Dry Ridge Systems
Dry ridge systems are an innovative alternative to traditional wet fixing methods which use sand and mortar. Instead, a dry ridge will be kept together using interlocking tiles as well as fixings and clamps. Dry fix roofing systems are becoming more ...
Dry ridge systems are an innovative alternative to traditional wet fixing methods which use sand and mortar. Instead, a dry ridge will be kept together using interlocking tiles as well as fixings and clamps. Dry fix roofing systems are becoming more and more popular as homeowners discover their many benefits. Not only is a dry ridge kit much simpler to install, but it’s also far less prone to wear-and-tear over time.
We work with a number of leading dry ridge system manufacturers, including Marley, Ariel Plastics and Manthorpe. Each of these is known for their quality products and attention to detail, among homeowners and tradespeople alike.
Benefits of Dry Ridge Systems
- Quick and Easy to Install: Fitting a dry ridge kit is very straightforward, with very little experience or know-how needed compared to using sand and mortar.
- Low Maintenance: Dry ridge systems are virtually maintenance-free, whereas wet fixed roof ridges need regular upkeep.
- Value for Money: Thanks to speedy installation, you’ll save on labour costs when employing a professional. The lack of maintenance costs also helps to save money long-term.
- Waterproof: Waterproof unions are fitted underneath the fixings in a dry ridge system. These help to catch rainfall and shed it away from your roof space.
- Reliable: Dry fixings don’t erode over time as mortar does, nor will they crack due to heat. This is as dry ridge systems are designed to expand and contract with thermal movement.
- Fights Moisture: Dry ridge systems provide a small amount of ventilation into your roof space. This will help to combat moisture build-up and condensation.