Thermafleece UltraWool - High Density Sheep's Wool Insulation Slab
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Complete Your Project With
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||3-5 Days|
|U Value||0.035 W/mK|
|Sound Absorption||NRC 1.10 @ 90mm|
Incredibly efficient, highly breathable and very eco-friendly, the Thermafleece UltraWool is a premium quality insulation, made in the UK using British sheep’s wool. Intelligently blended with recycled fibres, this natural wool insulation delivers a significantly enhanced execution rate in comparison to those with a higher level of wool. The perfectly balanced combination provides superior sustainability, durability and thermal performance with thermal conductivity levels of 0.035 W/mK. This makes Thermafleece UltraWool one of the best performing natural fibre-based insulation products available to buy.
Perfect for easy installation in roofs, walls and floors, Thermafleece UltraWool can be effectively utilised all over the home. It has a density of 31 kg/m3, guaranteeing outstanding rates of acoustic insulation, plus helps to create a healthier internal home environment by carefully regulating moisture content and absorbing harmful airborne substances. In terms of longevity, Thermafleece UltraWool is very long-lasting and reliable incorporating a specialist lofting agent to maintain fibre stability and robust structural integrity.
With the ability to reduce CO2 emissions by many tonnes across its entire lifespan, this highly impressive insulation is perfect for those looking to build a more environmentally conscious home. Wool helps to fix carbon dioxide, reducing the level of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. Within the home, Thermafleece Ultrawool will significantly lessen the energy levels that are lost from the building which in turn minimises energy consumption and saves you money on your bills. The insulation itself is very safe to handle and is so safe in fact, that it can even be recycled and reused at the end of its lifespan.
Overview of the Thermafleece UltraWool
- Manufactured in the UK to ISO 9001 using an intelligent combination of recycled fibres and British sheep’s wool
- Expertly designed to reduce energy consumption and minimise the level of Carbon Dioxide released into the atmosphere
- Provides highly impressive acoustic insulation with Sound absorption – NRC 1.10 @ 90mm & Sound reduction – Rw 41dB – 54dB @ 70mm
- Offers outstanding thermal conductivity rate of 0.035 W/mK – one of the highest performance levels of any natural fibre-based insulation product on the market
- Ideal for roof, wall and floor installation
- Reduces CO2 emissions by many tonnes over its lifetime
- Incorporates a lofting agent to improve durability, fibre stability & structural integrity
- Provides enough energy savings that within a few years, it has paid for itself
- 100% safe and non-hazardous to handle & dispose of
- Fully recyclable at the end of its lifespan
- Incredibly breathable material
- Creates a heathier home environment by regulating moisture and absorbing harmful airborne substances
- Incredibly long-lasting & reliable
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.035 Wm-1K-1
- Water Absorption (@100% RH): 30% w/w
- Specific Heat Capacity: 1800 Jkg-1K-1
- Mould Resistance: CUAP 2002-01-25: Pass
- Moth/Beetle Proofing: ISO 3998: Pass
- Vapour Resistivity: 9 MN·s·g-1m-1
- BS 5803-4, Flammability & Smoulder Resistance: Pass
- EN11925-2, Reaction to Fire: Pass
- Fire Classification: EuroClass E
- Recoverability and thickness, EN 823: Pass
- Dimensional stability to EN 1604: Pass
Common Questions about the Thermafleece UltraWool
Where Can I Install This Insulation?
The Thermafleece UltraWool insulation can be installed in a variety of applications including:
- Roofs – Lofts & warm roof
- Walls – Timber frame & Solid wall
- Floors – Suspended ground floor & between floor
How Do I Install This insulation?
To begin the installation process, the Thermafleece Ultrawool can be easily torn apart or cut using the ‘Roll and Cut’ for a more accurate edge. For this, the insulation is rolled as tightly as possible along the length, measured then cut using an insulation saw or knife. This is then repeated for the width, ensuring the insulation is rolled as tightly as possible for both.
You could also cut by compressing the insulation tightly between two pieces of solid 15mm board. This involves overhanging the fleece where you want to cut, saw cutting the edge using a scalloped edge knife and then trimming remaining fibres with large scissors or shears.
For full installation information and advice, please reference the manufacturer’s guide.
What Are the Measurements of This Insulation?
Thermafleece UltraWool insulation is available in a multitude of widths and thicknesses with a standard slab length of 1200mm. The sizes include:
- Thicknesses – 50, 70 & 90 mm
- Widths – 390 & 590 mm
How Durable Is this Installation?
Manufactured from the highest quality British sheep’s wool, the Thermafleece UtraWool offers exceptional levels of longevity and performance. It incorporates a lofting agent to maintain excellent durability, fibre stability and structural integrity.
How Environmentally-Friendly Is this Insulation?
Intelligently designed to reduce CO2 emissions by many tonnes over its lifetime, Thermafleece UltraWool offers exceptional sustainability. As a natural product, wool fixes carbon dioxide which in turn helps to minimise the level of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. It significantly reduces the amount of energy lost from the building which lessens the amount of energy consumption and co2 emitted into the atmosphere. Better still, when you remove the insulation at the end of its lifespan, the material is fully recyclable.
How is the Acoustic Performance of this Insulation?
With a density of 31 kg/m3, Thermafleece UltraWool provides top level acoustic insulation performance. It offers sound absorption of NRC 1.10 @ 90mm and Sound reduction of Rw 41dB – 54dB @ 70mm.
How Safe Is This Insulation?
Thermafleece UltraWool is non-hazardous and safe to be handled without protective clothing, although it is recommended that PPE is worn in spaces such as lofts. The insulation can also be safely disposed of and recycled at the end of its lifespan without dangerous effect on the environment.
Have More Questions About This Thermafleece UltraWool?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning team. They’ll help you pick the ideal product for your project, whether you’re revitalising an existing property or are tacking a larger new build. You can get in touch by calling 01295 565 565 or using our online live chat.
|Lead Time||3-5 Days|
|U Value||0.035 W/mK|
|Sound Absorption||NRC 1.10 @ 90mm|
Brochures & Installation Guides
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email email@example.com if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are made to order. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email within 48 hours and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Made to Order Items
A handful of items are ‘Made to Order’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email within 48 hours of delivery.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.