Thermafleece CosyWool - Sheep's Wool Insulation Roll
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Complete Your Project With
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||3-5 Days|
Overview of the Thermafleece CosyWool Insulation Roll
- Made from 75% sheep’s wool – entirely natural and sustainable insulation material
- Features 25% recycled polyester – prevents waste plastic going to landfill
- Free of harmful chemicals – offers an itch and irritation-free installation
- Superb thermal conductivity - provides thermal conductivity of 0.039 W/mK
- Great sound absorption – achieves an NRC of 1.05 at 100mm
- Achieves a snug fit – prevents heat leakage in floor and roof spaces
- Fully recyclable – can be easily repurposed at the end of its life
- Available in a choice of thicknesses and sizes – ideal for a variety of applications
- Made in the UK – supports local communities and reduces emissions
Manufactured from a combination of sheep’s wool and recycled polyester, Thermafleece CosyWool Insulation is an innovative solution for environmentally conscious homeowners. Providing them with a superb alternative to other forms of insulation, such as synthetic wool.
With a thermal conductivity of 0.039 W/mK, this insulation will regulate the temperature of your home throughout the year. Helping to cut utility bills and create a more comfortable home, whether it’s a period property or new build.
Sheep wool insulation is also breathable, meaning that it absorbs and expels moisture from the surrounding air. It therefore reduces humidity in your floors and loft space, helping to combat dampness and protect your property.
Available in a range of thicknesses and sizes, Thermafleece CosyWool Insulation achieves a snug fit and therefore prevents air and sound leakage. Making it ideal for insulating both floors and roofs in both residential and commercial buildings.
What are the Benefits of Thermafleece CosyWool?
With 0.039 W/mK of thermal conductivity, CosyWool helps control the temperature in your home through the winter and summer. This is achieved by using a combination of natural wool and synthetic polyester, which are both course and dense materials.
This insulation also provides great sound insulation with a rating of NRC 1.05 at 100mm. Making Thermafleece CosyWool ideal for homes located in bustling cities as well as offices based on busy industrial estates.
Unlike any other types of insulation, wool insulation absorbs and releases moisture from the air surrounding it. This regulates humidity and, therefore, protects your building as well as the items stored within it from dampness.
Whilst CosyWool has been designed to last the lifetime of a building, it can then be easily recycled should you need to dispose of it sooner. This is as both natural sheep wool and polyester can be reused for numerous applications.
What are the Advantages of Sheep’s Wool Insulation?
Sheep are not only one of the most iconic residents of the British countryside, but they are also some of the hardiest animals around. Able to thrive in all manner of conditions, they can be found on windswept hillsides as well as snowy peaks.
This is largely due to their coarse and dense woollen coats, which is a highly effective and entirely natural form of thermal insulation. So, whilst sheep are farmed for several reasons their coats remain highly coveted for their insulating capabilities.
Sheep wool also absorbs and expels moisture from the air. Controlling humidity levels in your floor and loft space, helping to protect your building and the items stored within from the damage caused by dampness.
Where Can You Use Thermafleece CosyWool?
This insulation is perfect for a wide range of building types, including period properties and new builds. Due to the variety of thicknesses and sizes CosyWool is available in, it can also be used in various locations throughout the home. This includes floor and loft spaces, for example.
Wherever you use this natural insulation, it will significantly improve thermal insulation and sound absorption. Due to the breathability of sheep’s wool, it will also reduce the build-up of humidity in your floor and loft space.
How is This Natural Insulation Installed and Maintained?
Thermafleece CosyWool will not irritate the skin, eyes or respiratory tract. Making it far easier to install, whether you’re a homeowner or tradesperson. In fact, you’re able to install this insulation without protective clothing. Although, you should still wear a dust mask in enclosed spaces.
CosyWool is fitted in the same manner as other insulation rolls, but if using an underlay please ensure it is vapour permeable to retain the insulation’s breathability. This insulation can also be easily cut with a straight edge utility knife.
Will Pests Be Attracted to the Thermafleece CosyWool?
There are numerous rumours and beliefs surrounding natural insulation and its tendencies to attract pests such as mice, moths and more. However, there is no evidence to suggest this is the case and you are no more likely to attract vermin with natural insulation than synthetic insulation.
Mice, moth, and other vermin are typically attracted to poorly maintained insulation. Therefore, you should visually check insulation annually to identify any compression, dampness, or infestation. Preventing any small issues developing into major challenges.
Have a Question About the ThermaFleece CosyWool?
If you have any questions about this insulation, or another product on our site, please feel free to message us online, email us or call us on 01295 565565. Our award-winning team will do their best to help you select the ideal solution for your project.
|Lead Time||3-5 Days|
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email email@example.com if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are made to order. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email within 48 hours and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Made to Order Items
A handful of items are ‘Made to Order’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email within 48 hours of delivery.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.