Tapco Synthetic Slate Tile - Pewter Grey (25 Pack)
Trusted Service Award 2022
Complete Your Project With
Tapco Synthetic Slate - Ridge & Hip - Pewter Grey
Tapco Synthetic Slate - Ridge End Cap
Tapco Synthetic Slate - Cowl Vent - Pewter Grey
Tapco Synthetic Slate - Ridge to Hip Junction
Tapco Synthetic Slate - Dry Verge (2m Length)
Tapco - 4.5 x 30mm Outdoor Rapier Screw - Box of 200
Tapco - 4.5 x 50mm Outdoor Rapier Screw - Box of 200
Tapco - 30mm Galvanised Clout Nail - 1kg (600 nails)
TapcoSlate Classic Dry Verge Joining Clips
Tapco Synthetic Slate - Ridge Master Plus Vent Inserts (1200mm - 10 Per Pack)
Tapco - 50mm Galvanised Clout Nail - 1kg (330 nails)
Tapco - 75mm Galvanised Clout Nail - 1kg (150 nails)
Tapco - 4.5 x 80mm Outdoor Rapier Screw - Box of 200
Designed to imitate roofing slates, Tapco tiles offer the gorgeous appearance of slate whilst providing more practicality for the modern homeowner. These tiles are also incredibly tough, with them being both BBA approved and CE marked.
Weighing as little as 12kg per square meter, Tapco roof tiles are suitable for pitches of 14.5° and above. Making them ideal for homes, conservatories, outbuildings and more. The possibilities are virtually endless when using these synthetic roof tiles!
How Much Do Tapco Tiles Weigh?
These roof tiles weigh between 12kg – 15.4kg per square meter. Making them far lighter than natural slate and, therefore, suitable for low pitched roofs.
Due to their low weight, these Tapco tiles are easy and quick to fit. Something which both handy homeowners and qualified tradespeople love.
How Many Tiles Will I Need?
The number of tiles required per square meter can vary. This is as you will need to adjust the headlap dependent upon the pitch of your roof.
See below the number of tiles required for various pitches. Each pack contains a total of 25 tiles.
22 slates/sq. metre at 14.5° to 25°
20 slates/sq. metre at 25° to 27.5°
19 slates/sq. metre at 27.5° to 30°
18 slates/sq. metre above 30°
What Are They Manufactured From?
Tapco has combined limestone and polypropylene when producing these tiles. This unique composite offers superb durability and a gorgeous appearance.
Both limestone and polypropylene are also recyclable. Making these synthetic roof tiles far more environmentally friendly than many others on the market.
What is the Lifespan of Tapco Slates?
These tiles are guaranteed for up to 40 years. Throughout which your tiles should remain crack, break and chip-free. Therefore maintaining their beauty for years.
They have also been thoroughly tested to BBA, ETA and CE standards. Ensuring that they offer super durability in strong winds, rain, and snow.
How Are They Installed?
You needn’t worry about having specialist tools when installing Tapco tiles. This is as they are hand fastened and easily cut with common tools.
Tapco provides an easy to follow installation guide. This outlines the required number of tiles per m2, recommended decking material, and much more.
You'll also find a range of compatible accessories, including ridge tiles and fixing nails. These allow you to achieve a faultless, professional finish on your roof.
How Do You Cut These Tiles?
Tapco recommends that a circular saw or sharp utility blade is used to cut their tiles. Beforehand ensure that the tiles have been able to return to room temperature.
Do Tapco Tiles Comply with Building Regulations?
The LABC (Local Authority Building Control) has awarded a certificate of compliance for these synthetic slates. Confirming that they comply with building regulations throughout England and Wales.
The certificate can be freely viewed on the LABC website and outlines the testing performed, such as fire safety and overall durability. Therefore,
Are They Fire Rated?
Tapco roof tiles have been fire tested on both boarded and battened roofs. Allowing them to achieve a BS476-3 Fire Rating.
You can, therefore, have the utmost confidence in your choice of roofing material whether it be for a residential home or commercial premises.
Have More Questions?
If you have more questions about this product, call our friendly customer care team on 01295 565 565. They'll help pick the ideal material for your project as well as estimate what you'll need.
|Max Pitch||90 °|
|Min Pitch||14.5 °|
|Tiles per M2||22 at 14.5°|
20 at 25°
19 at 27.5°
18 at 30°
|Lead Time||3-5 Days|
|Overall Length||295 mm|
|Overall Width||445 mm|
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email [email protected] if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.