Lead Patination Oil - British Lead
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Complete Your Project With
Standard Lead Slate - Pitched Roof - British Lead
Standard Lead Slate - Flat Roof - British Lead
Lead Soakers - 25 Pack - British Lead
QuickSlate Lead Slate - Flat Roof (0-30 Degree - Box of 5) - British Lead
QuickSlate Lead Slate - Pitched Roof (20-40 Degree - Box of 5) - British Lead
UniSlate Lead Slate - Pitched Roof (20-40 Degree) - British Lead
Lead Quick Flash Tool (Box of 2)
Lead Hall Clips - 6-18mm Chase - 50 Clips (Box of 10) - British Lead
Standard Lead Wood Roll - 45mm - Treated Timber
Lead Hall Clips - 18-26mm Chase - 25 Clips (Box of 5) - British Lead
Lase Chase Wedge (Box of 3)
Lead Bossing Stick (Box of 2)
Lead Seaming Pliars - Bent Jaws - (Box of 2)
Lead Flashing Sealant - 310ml Tubes (Box of 12) - British Lead
Lead Bossing Mallet (Box of 2)
Lead Dots - 20 Pack - British Lead
Lead Seaming Pliers - Straight Jaws - (Box of 2)
Lead Dresser (Box of 2)
Copper Clout Nails - 25mm - 1kg - British Lead
Lead Shave (Box of 2)
Lead Finishing Paddle
Copper Strip - Lead Fixing Strip (20m x 50mm x 0.6mm) - British Lead
Permastrip - Lead Fixing Strip (20m x 50mm x 0.5mm) - British Lead
Building Paper - 25m x 1.0m - British Lead
Standard Lead Underlay - 25m x 1.0m - British Lead
Lead Bending Stick (Box of 2)
Large Lead Wood Roll - 1200mm x 75mm - Treated Timber
Lead Setting-In Stick (Box of 2)
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||2-7 Days|
Newly fitted lead develops a natural patina when it comes into contact with rainfall. The lead reacts to the rainfall and forms lead carbonate. Future rainfall then washes this soluble mineral down onto the roof tiles or membranes below. These materials then become discoloured and appear to have an unsightly white staining.
To prevent lead carbonate from forming and potentially discolouring your roof, we recommend using Patination Oil. You simply apply the mixture to newly applied lead flashings and cladding to prevent the white lead carbonate from forming.
Why Use Patination Oil on Lead?
This lead treatment provides a number of benefits, all of which ensure your property maintains its natural beauty well into the future. These benefits include:
- Prevents unsightly white carbonate from forming on newly fitted lead
- Provides a uniform, attractive appearance to new leadwork
- Easy to apply with virtually no negative impact on adjacent materials
- Available in 2.5 litre, 1.0 litre and 0.5 litre varieties to minimise wastage
- Recommended by the Lead Sheet Association
With this Patination Oil being formulated by British Lead, the UK’s leading manufacturer of rolled lead sheets, you can be assured of its quality. It is also ideal for all lead flashing and will not have adverse effects on adjacent materials. Although care should be taken when UPVC or bitumen materials are present.
This Patination Oil is available in 2.5 litre, 1.0 litre and 0.5 litre varieties. 1 litre protects approximately 60m2of leadwork when applied at a thickness of 75mm on the leading edge and underside of the sheets.
Have More Questions About Lead Patination Oil?
If you’ve got any more questions about the right lead treatment for your roof, speak to our award-winning team online or via telephone on 01295 565 565. They’ll help you pick the best products for your needs, and get your project underway as soon as possible!
|Lead Time||2-7 Days|
Brochures & Installation Guides
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
Q: Why Should I Use Patination Oil?
A: When newly laid lead comes into contact with rain, a natural patina begins to form. Whilst this has no impact on the durability of the lead, it can run onto adjacent materials and cause a white stain to appear. You can often see this on old properties that use traditional lead flashing. Patination oil prevents this substance from building up and, therefore, stops any staining of adjacent roof tiles or sheets.
Q: How Do You Apply Patination Oil?
A: Whilst we recommend that all leadwork is undertaken by a qualified tradesman, patination oil is easy to apply. You apply the oil with a clean, soft cloth in straight lines on both the underside and top of your lead rolls. This should be done before the lead gets wet and therefore as soon as it has been fitted. Ensure you are wearing suitable gloves when applying patination oil.
Q: Are There Any Circumstances Where You Can't Use Patination Oil?
A: Yes. You should NOT use patination oil alongside bitumen or UPVC. Instead you should use Lead-Cote as an alternative lead treatment.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are made to order. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email within 48 hours and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Made to Order Items
A handful of items are ‘Made to Order’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email within 48 hours of delivery.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.