Complete Your Project With
The apron flashing, part of the Coroline line, has been produced to be installed alongside Coroline and Onduline Bitumen Corrugated Wall Sheets. Part of a brand of innovative products, this component strikes the balance between strength, appearance and reliability. Working to ensure your masonry and brickwork is protected from water ingress and damaging mould growth.
Overview of the Coroline & Onduline Apron Flashing
- Apron flashing for bitumen corrugated roofing
- Extremely tough and durable
- 930mm in length, cover length of 835mm
- Incredible lightweight, making handling simple
- Easy to install, with minimal time and resources needed
- Part of the extensive Coroline / Onduline range of accessories
Have a Question about Coroline & Onduline Apron Flashing?
If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning team. They’ll help you pick the ideal product for your project, whether you’re revitalizing an existing property or are tackling a larger new build. You can get in touch through our online live chat or by calling 01295 565 565.
What are the Key Benefits of this Apron Flashing?
The perfect companion to the Coroline and Onduline Bitumen Corrugated Wall Sheets, apron flashing is a great product that, once installed, requires very little maintenance. Only needing to be cleaned a few times a year to keep it performing and looking its best.
Installation of this flashing is also quick and easy, with little time and few resources needed. The durable materials from which the flashing is made will ensure it continues to perform to the high standards expected of it throughout the year, no matter the season or the weather.
Which Structures are Suitable for this Apron Flashing?
Like the corrugated sheeting itself, this flashing can be installed on a range of different buildings, from garages and lean-tos to stables and carports. It is also excellent for agricultural buildings, sheds and more. It guarantees a robust and reliable protection level while also offering the same rustic character as the sheet it has been produced to accompany.
What are the Dimensions of this Apron Flashing?
This apron flashing is 930mm in length and has a cover length of 835mm. The upstand it possesses is 70mm and covers the sheet by 85mm.
How is this Apron Flashing Installed?
For end wall abutments, these apron flashings will provide a secure, reliable seal. Once the main sheeting itself has been installed onto the structure, the apron flashing can be placed on top up, against the wall, with each corrugation lining up with those of the sheeting. After this, the flashing can be fixed, with each corrugation requiring a fixing.
For a more in-depth guide to the installation of the apron flashing, please consult the installation guide in the ‘downloads’ section.
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email [email protected] if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.