How to Install and Remove VELUX Blinds
Designed with user convenience in mind, VELUX blinds are easy to install and remove. In this article, we’re going to take you through the process step-by-step, so you can revamp your VELUX roof windows with minimum fuss.
Table of Contents
- How to Install VELUX Blinds
- How Do I Install an Electric VELUX Blind?
- How Do I Install a Solar-Powered VELUX Blind?
- How to Remove a VELUX Blind
- Where Can I Buy VELUX Blinds?
How to Install VELUX Blinds
Installing a VELUX blind is a straightforward job for even beginners to DIY. As no specialist skills, tools, or equipment are needed, doing the job yourself is a breeze.
What Will I Need?
- Your Velux blind
- Side Rails
Installing a VELUX Blind Step-by-Step
- Take the Velux blind and securely click into place at the top of the window. You should feel and hear a click when the blind has been fitted in place.
- Carefully screw the rail fittings on each side at the bottom of the window frame. Ensure these are securely screwed in for optimum stability.
- Now the side rails are ready to be fitted. Slot one side rail into the top of the blind and bottom fixing. Once again, you should hear a click when correctly fitted into place. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Take 6 screws and fix into the holes along the side rails. This will ensure the fixing rails are fully secured.
- Go back to the top of the blind and take off the red retaining clip.
- Pull the string to the bottom of the window.
- Remove the detachable piece and click into the fitting at the bottom of the window.
- Remove the retaining clips at the top of the window.
- Give your blind a clean to remove any dust and your brand new Velux blind is ready to operate!
How Do I Install an Electric VELUX Blind?
Installing and removing an electric VELUX blind is done in exactly the same way as a manual blind, however an additional electrical component will need to be installed on the outside of the window. For a step-by-step illustration on how to install this component for electric VELUX blinds, see their helpful guide here.
How Do I Install a Solar-Powered VELUX Blind?
Solar-powered VELUX blinds are also very easy to install, using the same Pick&ClickTM system as their manual blinds. To ensure that the solar-powered remote works with the blind, you will need to enable the top bar for solar powered use before step 1 of installation. See the helpful diagram below to find out how to enable the solar powered bar.
After fitting following the same Pick&ClickTM system fitting method, you will need to connect the remote to the blind to allow solar powered operation:
- Hold the button situated on the blind for 10 seconds
- Press the reset button on the remote for 1 second
- Press the middle button followed by the down button on the remote for a maximum of 3 seconds
You should now be able to control your solar powered VELUX blind via your remote.
How to Remove a VELUX Blind
Removing your Velux blind is just as easy as installing. The no mess, no stress removal process is doable for any homeowner, regardless of DIY experience.
What Will I Need?
- Your Velux blind
Removing a VELUX Blind Step-by-Step
- To begin the removal, roll your blind up to the top of the window as it would be if fully opened.
- There should be 6 screws fitted into both sides of the blind rails. Carefully remove each screw using a screwdriver.
- Remove the rails from each side.
- Unscrew the fixing brackets from the bottom of the window. There should be one bracket situated on each side.
- With all the fixing components removed, you can now easily remove the blind from the top of the window. You will hear a click as this is pulled away.
Where Can I Buy VELUX Blinds?
For a fantastic array of VELUX window blinds in all styles and sizes, look no further. From children’s blackouts and roman blinds, to roller blinds and even cleverly designed light dimming energy blinds, our high-quality selection includes a blind suitable for every room.
If you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning customer service team who will be happy to help! Just give them a call on 01295 565 565, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the handy live chat.