Polycarbonate Sheet Finder
Welcome to our polycarbonate sheet finder. With such a wide range of polycarbonate roof sheets available in various colours, thicknesses and sheet sizes it can be very time consuming and daunting trying to find the best sheets for what you need. Whether you are looking for twin wall polycarbonate or a clear polycarbonate sheet, our product finder will take you straight to it.
Within a few clicks you can now get to the exact polycarbonate sheet in seconds, try it now.
- Clear Maximises light creating a bright and spacious feeling
- Bronze Blends with dark coloured conservatories and minimises glare
- Opal Virtually opaque provinding a more private feel while still allowing the sun in
- Bronze Opal Bronze on the outsize and opal on the inside giving you the best of both
- 1220 mm
- 2000 mm
- 2500 mm
- 3000 mm
- 4000 mm
- 6000 mm
- 610 mm
- 700 mm
- 800 mm
- 900 mm
- 980 mm
- 1050 mm
- 1220 mm
- 1600 mm
- 2100 mm
- 4 mm
- 6 mm
- 10 mm
- 16 mm
- 25 mm
What are Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets and Where Can They Be Used?
Polycarbonate sheets are a lightweight thermoplastic material that endure very high and low temperatures. There are a wide range of polycarbonate sheets available all in different sizes, colours and thicknesses meaning you may require a different type of polycarbonate sheet from one job to the next. For example a 4mm sheets would be ideal for a greenhouse, whereas a 25mm sheet would be better suited for a conservatory roof as the sheet will enable you to span further and wider.
Below we will explain the difference in the thickness of sheets available and also where each polycarbonate sheet can be used.
4mm polycarbonate sheet
4mm polycarbonate sheets, or sometimes referred to as twinwall polycarbonate, are not suitable for roofing, they are mainly used for side cladding. These are commonly used for cloches, plant houses and small DIY projects. These polycarbonate sheets are supplied only in a clear finish and come with a 10 year guarantee
6mm polycarbonate sheet
The 6mm polycarbonate, also known as twinwall polycarbonate sheets, can be used as a roofing sheet and they are available in clear for maximum light transmission, which is why they are commonly used for green houses, sunscreens, swimming pool covers, vertical panels, plant houses and small DIY projects. The 6mm polycarbonate sheets are largely self-cleaning, durable with UV resistance and hardwearing. They come with a 10 year guarantee
10mm polycarbonate sheet
The only difference between the 6mm and 10mm polycarbonate roof sheets are the available colours. The 10mm range are available in clear and bronze with a 10 year guarantee.
16mm polycarbonate sheet
Also known as triplewall polycarbonate sheets, these are lightweight and impact resistant that are suitable for a wider range of applications than the thinner sheets. These polycarbonate panels can be used on porches, conservatories, canopies, car ports, lean to roofs, sheds and many more. The 16mm triplewall range are available in Clear, Bronze and Opal all with a 10 year guarantee.
25mm polycarbonate sheet
We now move on to the thickest polycarbonate sheet available in standard sheet sizes (unless you have a cut to size sheet which we can go up to 35mm). These are sometimes called sevenwall or 7Xwall polycarbonate sheets. The 25mm range remain lightweight still with higher impact resistance than its smaller counterparts. This range also have a u-value of 1.4w/m2k which is very impressive. 25mm polycarbonate sheets have the widest range of finishes available, you can have yours in either Clear, Bronze, Opal, Bronze Opal and Heatguard Opal. As with the entire range these polycarbonate sheets are mostly self-cleaning and come with a ten year warranty. Suitable applications include porches, conservatories, canopies, car ports, lean to roofs, sheds and many more.
Unsure on what colour/finish you need?
So, we now know the difference in thickness for each sheet and where each sheet can be used, so the next step is to decide on what finish you would like for your project. Below we have listed each available option and the benefits to help you choose the best sheet for your project. Click the images to see a larger version.
Clear Polycarbonate sheets
- Creates a spacious and bright environment
- Clear polycarbonate allows you to maximise the light you get into a conservatory or greenhouse by 77% (based on 16mm triplewall)
- Maximise solar gains
- Ideal for those that love sun - including the vegetables!
- If you use Clear Polycarbonate sheets for a conservatory roof, you may require blinds to prevent any overheating in the warmer months
Bronze Polycarbonate Sheets
- Bronze sheets blend well with dark coloured structures such as wooden conservatory frames or timber buildings
- Limits the amount of light entering the building
- Minimises glare from any direct sunlight
- Reduces heat gain when compared to the clear polycarbonate sheet
- Light transmission of 18% based on 16mm triplewall
- Practically opaque which makes it desired in built up areas
- Good choice if you would like a private setting for your conservatory or garden building
- Offers soft light quality
- Reduces glare makes it a good choice for a garden office
- Whilst offering subtle light it completely eliminates hot spots from the sun
- Light transmission of 40% based on 16mm triplewall
- Bronze external finish with an opal internal finish
- Bronze Opal sheets blend well with dark coloured structures
- Provides privacy internally
- Provides subtle light
What Are The Benefits Of Polycarbonate Roof Sheets?
- Polycarbonate panels are virtually unbreakable and can withstand force
- UV obstruction is a great advantage and makes them ideal for awnings and carports
- Very lightweight meaning they can be easily transported, handled and installed. Perfect for buildings with light frames such as green houses or conservatories
- Resistant to heat, rain, snow and sunlight enabling them to last for many years, which means lots of tomatoes!
- Huge range of sizes and colours you will be sure to find the sheet size you need. If you can’t, then you can have one cut to your exact specification
- Largely self-cleaning
- Minimal condensation risk
- 10 year guarantee
- Wide range of fixings and flashings for any roof type