Complete Your Project With
Practical and reliable with an effortlessly natural-looking aesthetic, the Tapco Synthetic Hip & Ridge is the perfect final component for your roof structure. Available in a stunning range of stylish organic colours, this Hip & Ridge accessory coordinates perfectly with the Tapco Slate roof system, creating a sleek and professional finish.
It is expertly manufactured from a high-quality mix of recyclable virgin limestone and polypropylene to ensure exceptional durability, whilst maintaining a lightweight build at just 12kg per square metre. This hip & ridge guarantees fantastic resistance against fire, wind, driven snow, rain and water absorption with full testing to BBA, ETA and CE standards.
Designed with pre-marked nailing guides and spacers, the hip & ridge structure is incredibly easy to install, boasting a functional degree of flexibility for a secure mechanical fix. It can even be cut using a fine tine-toothed saw or utility blade to fit seamlessly within the rest of your Tapco slates. Better yet, this impressive product even comes with a full 40-year warranty to give you peace of mind for many years to come.
Overview of this Tapco Synthetic Hip & Ridge
Expertly designed for use in conjunction with all other Tapco Classic slate products
Easily installed at the peak of your roof to provide a stylish finishing touch & enhanced protection for the structure
Manufactured from a high-grade combination of recyclable virgin limestone & polypropylene for excellent durability & resilience
Available in a stunning range of natural colours to seamlessly match your existing Tapco slates
Incredibly quick & easy to mechanically install with practical pre-marked nailing guides & spacers
Universal fitment for any angle with a workable degree of flexibility during the fixing process
Suitable for cutting using a fine-toothed saw or sharp utility blade
Extensively tested to BBA, ETA and CE standards
Boasts a full fire rating & resistance to wind, driven snow, rain & water absorption
Brilliantly lightweight – weighs as little as 12kg per square metre
Backed by a full 40-year warranty for fantastic longevity & complete peace of mind
Common Questions about this Tapco Synthetic Hip & Ridge
How do you install this hip & ridge accessory?
All Tapco Synthetic Hip & Ridge components are mechanically fixed and can be cut using a fine-toothed saw or sharp utility blade for an accurate fit. Universal fitment is dependent on roof pitch but can be laid from 12° to 70° pitches. The hip & ridge have a degree of flexibility and should be heated with a hot-air gun along the ridge prior to bending into shape. 6 Tapco synthetic ridges and hips are required per linear metre. For full installation information, please see the installer’s guide.
What are the hip & ridge dimensions?
Length: 17.5" (445mm)
Height: 5.9" (150mm)
Width: 10" (254mm)
Exposure: 6" (152mm) to 7.5" (191mm)
How durable is this hip & ridge?
Manufactured from a high-quality mix of virgin limestone and polypropylene, this Tapco hip & ridge offers exceptional durability and resilience against external conditions. The structure has been fully tested to BBA, ETA and CE Standards with a full fire rating and resistance to wind, driven snow & rain and water absorption. It comes complete with a full 40-year warranty against potential damages so you can be sure this robust component will not require replacement for many years to come.
Is this hip & ridge compatible with my roof?
The Tapco Synthetic Slate Ridge & Hip can be used in conjunction with all our Tapco Classic slate products. It is designed for installation as part of the Tapco Classic roof system.
Have More Questions About This Synthetic Hip & Ridge?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning team. They’ll help you pick the ideal product for your project, whether you’re revitalising an existing property or are tackling a larger new build. You can get in touch by calling 01295 565 565 or using our online live chat.
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email [email protected] if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.