Having the appropriate lead tools ensures that you’ll be able to achieve a faultless, professional finish on your leadwork. Correctly dressing or bossing lead flashings is vital to protect your roof against the elements, as water ingress through po...
Having the appropriate lead tools ensures that you’ll be able to achieve a faultless, professional finish on your leadwork. Correctly dressing or bossing lead flashings is vital to protect your roof against the elements, as water ingress through poor seams is one of the most common causes of roof damage.
All our lead dressing tools are crafted by British Lead, the UK’s leading manufacturer of rolled lead sheets. Their range includes lead dressers, mallets, seaming pliers and more. These tools are essential whatever lead work you are undertaking. What’s more, British Lead are so confident in their range of lead tools, they offer a lifetime guarantee against material defects.
What is each lead dressing tool used for?
- Lead Dresser: This is used to dress the lead sheets flat when setting out and fitting the lead into position
- Finishing Paddle: Used to flatten out creases and imperfections
- Quick Flash Tool: Used to create the turn-in for step or linear flashings
- Bossing Stick: This is used to shape the lead sheet around corners
- Bending Stick: Used for more intricate shaping and bossing around curves
- Setting-in Stick: Used to finish lines along folds once the lead has been fitted
- Bossing Mallet: Used in tandem with sticks when you need more force
- Seaming Pliers: Used to seam lead rolls into the tightest spots
- Chase Wedge: Used to set in and finish leadwork once in position
- Lead Shave: Used to remove oxides from the lead surface and solder edges before welding
Have More Questions About Our Lead Tools?
If you have questions about our range of tools, speak to our team by telephone or via the online chat. With over 40 years of experience in roofing, we’ll help answer your questions about leadwork materials. We will also help you pick the necessary lead rolls and accessories for your project.