FAKRO blinds are crafted to be the perfect accompaniment to a FAKRO roof window, designed to be an exact fit for the size and operation. FAKRO window blinds allow you to comfortably control light leve...
FAKRO blinds are crafted to be the perfect accompaniment to a FAKRO roof window, designed to be an exact fit for the size and operation. FAKRO window blinds allow you to comfortably control light levels inside your home. As one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of roof windows, FAKRO are renowned for their exceptional quality in design and engineering, as well as their commitment to continued innovation.
We offer the full range of FAKRO window blinds here at Roofing Megastore. These are available in a broad selection of styles including timeless Venetian blinds, available in an amazing choice of colours. FAKRO blinds are also designed to match the operation of their window, so whether you choose a manual, electric or solar-powered FAKRO roof window, you’ll be able to operate the blind seamlessly.
Types of FAKRO Blinds
The perfect FAKRO blind for you depends on the FAKRO window you have, your tastes and how your window is operated. FAKRO window blinds come in Venetian, Roller and Blackout styles, with a superb choice of patterns and colours. You’ve also got the choice of manual blind operation or remote-controlled using their patented Z-Wave technology.
FAKRO Venetian Blinds
FAKRO Venetian blinds offer you the ability to control how much light enters into your room by adjusting the angle of the slats. These slats can also be raised to allow the full amount of sunlight to fill the space below, and thanks to FAKRO’s expertly engineered aluminium side rails, no light will leak around the side of the blinds. Another benefit of FAKRO Venetian blinds is that the slats are easy to wipe clean and can be locked into a desired angle or position.
FAKRO Roller Blinds
FAKRO Roller blinds have been designed to allow homeowners to control exactly how much light enters a room. The blind can be raised fully or lowered completely and locked into whichever position you choose. The fabric used in FAKRO roller blinds has been chosen thanks to its durability, ease of cleaning and the way it softens incoming sunlight to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The ideal choice for more comfortable living spaces.
FAKRO Blackout Blinds
FAKRO Blackout Blinds are the go-to choice for bedrooms, home cinemas or anywhere else you may desire to have in complete darkness, no matter how sunny it is outside. FAKRO have engineered these blinds to do this through the use of dense, specially designed fabric which sits from rail-to-rail to prevent any light from leaking into the space below. Blackout blinds also offer a small amount of insulation, helping to keep a home comfortable and reduce energy bills. They’re also available for FAKRO Flat Roof Windows.
How to Measure FAKRO Blinds?
FAKRO Window Blinds are measured in centimetres and should exactly match the height and width of the glazing area of your FAKRO roof window. When you come to purchase a blind to accompany your FAKRO window however, the measurement will match that of the frame. If you’ve already got a FAKRO window in your home, you can find your window’s code and measurements on a small metal plate inside the window frame. E.g. 55/78 refers to a window frame that measures 55cm x 78cm, with a glazing size of 36.9 x 56cm. View our blog for more information on FAKRO window sizes.
How to Install Fakro Blinds?
Fitting a FAKRO window blind is very simple, with a few easy-to-follow steps.
- First, install the fixing clips into the corners of the frame, using two screws to secure each clip into place.
- You can now fit the main body of your FAKRO blind into both fixing clips by pushing it into position.
- Further secure the blind body or “carousel” by screwing it into both sides of the window frame.
- Next, fit the aluminium side rails, ensuring that the metal clip is at the bottom of the window and the “flared” end of the rail is at the top. The top end should clip onto the carousel, and the bottom should have a special locating clip which can be attached and then screwed into the bottom of the frame.
- Next, fit the aluminium side rails. Ensure that the metal clip is at the bottom of the channel with the locating clip attached, and the “flared” end of the rail is at the top. The top end should clip onto the carousel, whereas the bottom will be screwed into the frame.
- Finally, screw the side rails a few more times up the height of the window frame to ensure a secure fit.
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021