Mardome Glass - Double Glazed Flat Rooflight - Clear
Trusted Service Award 2022
Designed to cater to the rapidly growing trend of flat roof home extensions, this Glass Rooflight provides a fantastic source of natural light, ideal for achieving bright open plan living in your home. Equally suitable for larger commercial applications, this rooflight is thermally broken and non-fragile, with multiple fixings options available to suit a wide range of projects. This versatility paired with a quick installation time makes for a quality rooflight that is perfect for the demands of modern construction.
Overview of Mardome Glass Flat Rooflight
- Elegant glass rooflight suitable for residential and commercial application
- Efficient, safe and versatile
- Thermally broken and non-fragile as standard
- Suitable for mounting at pitches of 2-15°
- Fixed, manual and powered openings available
- Produced with an aluminium Frame powder coated to anthracite grey
- Standard centre pane U-value of 1.1 W/m²K
- Glazing: 6mm toughened outer, argon filled cavity, 9.5mm laminated inner
- Fixing Options: Direct to builders’ upstand or with 150mm uPVC kerb
Common Questions About This Rooflight
How Durable is This Rooflight?
The Mardome Glass Rooflight has been rated as non-fragile to CWCT TN-92 (for class 2 roofs). The CWCT or the Centre for Window and Cladding Technology is an industry funded centre that sets industry standards. Class 2 means that this rooflight is durable enough to prevent someone from falling through them if they were to trip. However, it is not suitable to be walked on.
What Does Thermally Broken Mean?
A thermal break is a section of non-thermally conductive material that is used within metal window framing. It ensures that the space is kept between the interior piece of frame and the exterior piece of frame. This is important as it prevents the inside of the window getting cold at the same rate as the outside thus preventing the build-up of frost and condensation which can cause damage.
What Size Opening Do You Need to Install this Rooflight?
The Mardome is available in sizes ranging from 600x600mm to 1500x1000mm. This refers to the size of the opening needed for the upstand to act as an appropriate seal.
Have More Questions About the Mardome Glass Flat Rooflight?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning team. They’ll help you pick the ideal product for your project, whether you’re revitalising an existing property or are tackling a larger new build. You can get in touch by calling 01295 565 565 or by using our online live chat.
|Max Pitch||15 °|
|Min Pitch||2 °|
|Lead Time||3-7 Days|
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email [email protected] if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.