Knauf Earthwool Loft Roll 44 - Glass Mineral Wool Loft Insulation Roll
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||2-5 Days|
|Overall Width||1140 mm|
Overview of the Knauf Earthwool 44
- Specially crafted for loft applications – unique benefits make the roll perfectly adapted
- Produced from superb insulating materials – produced from low-density mineral wool
- Maintains a comfortable home – thermal conductivity rating of 0.044 W/mK
- Prevents unwanted noise – fantastic acoustic properties
- Minimal impact on the environment – achieves a Green Guide Rating of A+
- Easy and clean installation – innovative design with ease of use in mind
- Designed to last – resistant to the damage caused by water vapour
An excellent solution to insulating pitched roofs at ceiling level, this loft roll from Earthwool boasts several unique features that make it ideal for such applications. Suitable for a range of different pitched roofs, it is great on both new builds and renovations.
What is This Insulation Made From?
This insulation has been created using low-density glass mineral wool. This material has been utilised in insulation products for many decades, and with good reason – it is an outstandingly high performing substance, with excellent durability and a long lifespan.
What Thicknesses and Sizes are Available?
This roll is available in several different thicknesses ranging from 100mm to 200mm. While thermal conductivity doesn’t change with the roll thickness, thermal resistance does – it increases alongside the thickness. For example, 100mm rolls have a thermal resistance of 2.25 m2K/W, while 200mm rolls possess a thermal resistance of 4.50 m2K/W.
Is Knauf Earthwool 44 Resistant to Mould and Moisture?
This roll is highly resistant to damage posed by water vapour and mould. It is rot-proof as well as odourless, meaning that it can last for many years in your ceiling without the need for replacement due to wear or damage.
Is This Insulation Resistant to Fire?
This roll achieves an A1 fire rating. This is one of the highest achievable fire resistance accolades on the Euroclass Fire Ratings scale. The roll is non-combustible and is not only resistant to fire-induced damage, but its properties mean it will not aid any flames in spreading.
What level of thermal insulation does this board offer?
The loft insulation roll has a thermal conductivity of 0.044 W/mK – this means this product is capable of exceptional levels of insulation. The quilt is unfaced, meaning the thermal conductivity levels are consistent throughout the material.
Is Knauf Earthwool 44 Environmentally Friendly?
This roll benefits from a Green Guide Rating of A+ - this is due to the lack of certain environmentally damaging properties, as well as a cleaner production process than many other insulation types. For example, it contains no ozone-depleting substances (ODP).
Where Can This Insulation Be Used?
This insulation has been created specifically for the ceiling of your building, where its various features allow it to perform at its very strongest. Designed for cold pitched roofs in particular, it is a testament to the manufacturer's ability to create highly effective specialised insulation products.
Have a Question About the Knauf Earthwool 44?
We at Roofing Megastore are on hand to help answer any questions you may have about this or another product we trade in our extensive range. Please do give us a call on 01295 565565, email us or chat with us online.
|Lead Time||2-5 Days|
|Overall Width||1140 mm|
With the festive break approaching, we're aim to keep you informed about any impact this may have on your delivery. You will therefore find additional information about when orders placed over during this break will be processed below the 'Add to Basket' button on most products. If you still have questions, please call our friendly team on 01295 565 565.
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.