Kingspan Thermawall TW55 - High Performance PIR Insulation Board for Walls
Trusted Service Award 2022
Ideal for insulating timber and steel framing systems, this PIR board is both unaffected by air infiltration and resistant to the passage of water vapour. Easy to handle and install, the board is ideal for both new builds and refurbishments offering a thermal conductivity of just 0.022 W/mK over a potentially indefinite lifespan*.
Overview of Kingspan Thermawall TW55 – High Performance PIR Insulation Board for Walls
- High performing PIR insulation board
- Can be used between studs or as an insulating sheathing
- Suitable for use in timber and steel framing systems
- Unaffected by air infiltration
- Resistant the passage of water vapour
- Easy to handle and install
- Produced from non-deleterious material
- Manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP
Common Questions About This Insulation Board
How Do I Install This Insulation Board?
This insulation board is suitable for varying applications including: External masonry, wall frames with insulating sheathing and internal dry lining with insulation between the framework. When installing the TW55 between timbers, a vapour control layer should also be fitted. For guidance, refer to the Thermawall brochure above.
What is This Insulation Board Made From?
The TW55 is faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil which has been autohesively bonded to a high-performance fibre-free rigid thermoset polyisocyanurate insulation core. This core has been manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and a low GWP (Global Warming Potential). What all this means is that the board is highly durable and possess an indefinite lifespan when installed correctly*.
What is Thermal Conductivity?
Thermal conductivity is a term used to define how well a material deals with the transfer of heat, normally measured in watts per meter-kelvin sometimes known as the K-Value. Usually used in association with a materials U-Value (thermal transmittance) which is a more designated term for the thermal performance. Generally speaking, the lower the value the better the material is at reducing the transfer of heat. For context, the thermal conductivity of normal brick quoted at a density of 1710kg/m³ will likely be around 0.77 W/mK.
Have More Questions About This Insulation Board?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning team. They’ll help you pick the ideal product for your project, whether you’re revitalising an existing property or are tackling a larger new build. You can get in touch by calling 01295 565 565 or using our online live chat.
*Durability depends on the supporting structure and the condition of its use.
|Lead Time||2-5 Days|
|Overall Length||2400 mm|
|Overall Width||1200 mm|
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email email@example.com if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.