Kingspan Kooltherm K15 - Premium Performance Rainscreen Insulation Board - 1200 x 2400mm
Trusted Service Award 2022
A specially created insulation board for use behind rainscreen façades, Kingspan’s K15 provides premium performance partnered with a design tailored towards durability and ease of use. Unaffected by air infiltration and resistant to the passage of water vapour this board can not only protect from the dangers of damp and mould but also, being made from non-deleterious materials, can maintain its effectiveness indefinitely if installed correctly. Like all insulation in the Kooltherm range the K15 boasts an impressive thermal conductivity, in this case 0.020 W/mK across all thicknesses.
Overview of Kingspan Kooltherm K15
- Premium performance insulation board with a thermal conductivity of 0.020 W/mK
- Ideal insulation option for use behind a rainscreen façade
- Achieved LABC registered detail status
- Successfully tested in differing façade systems in accordance with the performance criteria set out in BR 135
- Ideal for new builds and refurbishments
- Unaffected by air infiltration
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Easy to handle and install
- Manufactured from non-deleterious material
- Produced with a blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP
- Part of the Kooltherm range of insulation boards, the thinnest commonly used insulation products for any specific U-value
Common Questions About Kingspan Kooltherm K15
How Do I Install This Insulation Board?
The K15 is suitable for use behind rainscreen Façades, for advice on installation refer to Kingspan’s product brochure above. When cutting the plasterboard to size it is important to remember to use a fine-toothed saw. The board can also be cut by scoring with a sharp knife, snapping the board over a straight edge, and then cutting the facing on the other side. If you are looking for other forms of insulation for your project, the Kooltherm range also offers insulation solutions for roofs and floors.
What is This Insulation Board Made From?
Th K15 is faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil, autohesively bonded to a premium performance rigid thermoset fibre-free phenolic insulant core manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero OPD (Ozone Depletion Potential) and low GWP (Global Warming Potential). What this means is that this insulation board is highly durable and sustainable with an indefinite lifespan when installed correctly*.
What is Thermal Conductivity?
Thermal conductivity is a term used to define how well a material deals with the transfer of heat, normally measured in watts per meter-kelvin sometimes known as the K-Value. Usually used in association with a materials U-Value (thermal transmittance) which is a more designated term for the thermal performance, the lower the value the better the material is at reducing the transfer of heat. For context, the thermal conductivity of normal brick quoted at a density of 1710kg/m³ will likely be 0.77 W/mK.
What is the BR 135?
Published by the Building Research Establishment, an independent consultancy, testing and training organisation, the BR 135 or ‘Fire performance of external thermal insulation for walls of multi-storey buildings’ is a document that sets out recommended requirements for thermal insulation. In accordance with these recommendations the K15 has been tested with differing façade systems to BS (British Standards) 8414-1: 2015 + A1: 2017, BS 8414-2: 2005 & BS 8414-2: 2015 + A1: 2017.
What is are LABC Registered Details?
Registered construction details are a set of thermal details designed to limit heat loss through a buildings envelope’s weak points as developed by the LABC (Local Authority Building Control) in conjunction with industry partners, the Modern Masonry Alliance and the Concrete Block Association.
What is a U-Value?
A U-Value is a calculation that measures the rate at which heat flows through material. Normally measured in units of W/m²K. Essentially it is a number to identify how well a product keeps heat from escaping. The lower the U-Value the better that product is at reducing the transfer of heat.
Have More Questions About This Insulation Board?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning team. They’ll help you pick the ideal product for your project, whether you’re revitalising an existing property or are tacking a larger new build. You can get in touch by calling 01295 565 565 or using our online live chat.
*Durability depends on the supporting structure and the condition of its use.
|Lead Time||2-3 Working Days|
|Overall Length||1200 mm|
|Overall Width||2400 mm|
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email [email protected] if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.
Kingspan Kooltherm K103 - Premium Performance Floor Insulation Board - 1200 x 2400mm
Kingspan Kooltherm K106 - Premium Performance Full Fill Cavity Wall Insulation Board - 90 x 1200 x 450mm
Kingspan Kooltherm K107 - Premium Performance Pitched Roof Insulation Board - 1200 x 2400mm
Kingspan Kooltherm K108 - Premium Performance Partial Fill Cavity Wall Insulation Board - 1200 x 450mm