Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Movement Joint
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Complete Your Project With
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Open Protected Ridge Flashing
Eternit Profile 6 Polycarbonate Soffit Strip
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Cranked Plain Barge Board
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Vergeline Bargeboard Stop End
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Hooded Ridge Finial
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Plain Barge Board
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Cranked Vergeline Bargeboard
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Disc Ridge Finial
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Cranked Roll Top Bargeboard
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Vergeline Bargeboard
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Roll Top Bargeboard
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Soffit Strip - 2400mm
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Apron Flashing Piece
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Jamb Filler Piece
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Eaves Filler Piece
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Movement Joint Two Piece Ridge
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Eaves Corrugation Closure Piece
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Cranked Movement Joint
Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Under Glazing Flashing Piece
Eternit 6 Inch TopFix Stainless Steel Structure Fixings (Pack of 100)
Eternit 6 Inch TopFix Carbon Steel Structure Fixings (Pack of 100)
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||3-15 days|
|Overall Width||311 mm|
Intended for use in long, continuous stretches of roof or vertical sheeting, Eternit’s Movement Joints accommodate the movement of roof sheets caused by changing temperature or moisture levels. Other than being recommended by British Standards, installing movement joints can ensure the integrity of your roof structure is maintained. These joints are especially useful in large agricultural, commercial, or industrial buildings with roofing of vertical sheeting exceeding 45 meters in length.
Overview of Eternit 6 Inch Fibre Cement Movement Joint
- Accommodates thermal and other movements
- Aids in the creation of a high performing roof with excellent acoustic and thermal insulation
- Manufactured in the UK
- Recommended by British Standards to be included in stretches of roofing and vertical sheeting on buildings exceeding 45 meters in length
- Available with cover widths of 1525, 2440 and 3000mm
- Width: 311mm
- Available in a range of 12 colours
Common Questions About This Movement Joint
Where Can I Use This Movement Joint?
Movement joints should be used when your roofing or vertical sheeting exceeds 45 meters in length. For lengths of 45-75m you should use one movement joint, for lengths of 75-105m two joints should be used and then one further after every additional 30m.
How Do I Install This Movement Joint?
When forming a movement joint each roof sheet should be cut through the valley and the centre of the sheet. The resulting pair of half sheet should be spaced 25-30mm apart. The joint should be laid with the top end butting up to the bottom edge of the next sheet upslope allowing for a minimum lap of 150mm. For guidance, refer to Eternit’s installation guide above.
What is This Movement Joint Made From?
All Eternit profiled sheeting has been manufactured from Portland cement and water, reinforced with natural and synthetic fibres.
Have More Questions About This Movement Joint?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our award-winning team. They’ll help you pick the ideal product for your project, whether you’re revitalising an existing property or are tacking a larger new build. You can get in touch by calling 01295 565 565 or using our online live chat.
This product is Custom Made and can't be resold. Read our Returns & Refund Policy to find out more.
|Lead Time||3-15 days|
|Overall Width||311 mm|
With the festive break approaching, we're aim to keep you informed about any impact this may have on your delivery. You will therefore find additional information about when orders placed over during this break will be processed below the 'Add to Basket' button on most products. If you still have questions, please call our friendly team on 01295 565 565.
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.