As seen on Channel 4’s Grand Designs, the Eco Slate Roof Tile from Eco Systems is a 100% recycled, lightweight plastic roof tile. It offers the beautiful aesthetics of traditional slate along with added durability and sustainability. This is achieved through the use of a truly unique formula, which helps to maximise its longevity and simplify installation.
Eco slate roof tiles come in packs of 16, with no further ridge, hip, verge or valley tiles required. This is because these synthetic roof tiles are so flexible that they can be moulded and used for other purposes. The self-bounding edges of the tiles ensure that they can withstand winds of up to 100mph. This also helps to prevent water ingress at pitches over 10°.
A single pack of 16 eco slate tiles will cover approximately one square meter of roof space, depending on pitch. For valleys, hips, and ridges, you’ll need 7 tiles per linear metre. Verges require 3 tiles per linear metre. When first delivered, these tiles will be covered in a brown protective coating. Not to worry though, this coating will disappear once UV light comes into contact with the tiles. Our installation guide provides further guidance on fitting this lightweight roof tile.
How many Tiles Do I Need to Cover my Roof?
This will depend on the pitch of your roof. For pitches between 10 and 15° 19 tiles will be needed per meter squared. This decreases as the pitch gets steeper and the overlap required is less. For pitches 16 – 20° it’s 17 slates per meter squared and for 21° + it's around 16. Please be aware that these are all approximated figures.
Overview of These Eco Slate Roof Tiles
- 100% recycled roof tiles – perfect for new roofs & re-roofing projects
- Flexible & suitable for moulding – no ridge, hip, verge or valley tiles needed
- Highly durable & resistant to temperamental weather – able to withstand strong winds & rain
- Virtually unbreakable & anti-vandal – life span up to and over 50 years
- Lightweight & easy to handle – Quick to install
Benefits of Eco Slate Roof Tiles
Due to its unique formulation, this slate is practically unbreakable and anti-vandal. When compared to traditional roof slates this reduces wastage during installation and removes much of the need for future maintenance.
It has also been tested under vigorous weather conditions and, as a result, shown that is capable of handling wind speeds of up to 110mph whilst also effectively combatting water ingress at pitches as low as 10°. Eco Systems are so confident in the strength and reliability of their Eco Slate Roof Tile that they offer a staggering 50-year guarantee.
Suitable for roofs with pitches over 10°, Eco Slate is an excellent choice for a variety of projects. Weighing just 11.9kg per square metre, it can even be fitted onto much more lightweight structures. This includes structures without roof battens, as these synthetic slate roof tiles can be laid directly onto plywood with a breathable membrane. This makes Eco Slate Roof Tiles ideal for homes, garages, garden buildings, stables and much more.
With its rugged edges and intentionally imperfect finish, this tile offers a finish exactly like that of natural slate.
Thanks to their amazing flexibility, Eco Slate Roof Tiles can also be used as ridge, hip, verge and valley tiles. Requiring just two fixings per tile with self-bonded edges, you won’t need many tools and fixings to fit these tiles onto your roof.
This means Eco Slate is an excellent choice not just for professionals but also homeowners looking to do the job themselves. Its quick installation also helps keep project time and labour costs down.
Have More Questions About The Eco Slate Roof Tile?
If you’ve got any more questions about this synthetic slate tile from Eco Systems, get in touch with our award-winning team online or by telephone on 01295 565 565. With over 40 years of experience in all things DIY and roofing, they’re sure to be able to help answer any questions you might have about the Eco Slate Roof Tile. They’ll also help you calculate exactly how many tiles, fixings and other accessories you may need for your project, so you can get started as soon as possible.
|Tiles per M2
|19 at 10°
17 at 16°
16 at 21°
What Ridge and Verge Do I Use for the Eco Slate Roof Tiles?
Due to these tiles being flexible, they are also used on your ridge, verges and hips. You'll require 7 tiles per linear meter of ridge and 3 tiles per liniar meter of verge.
What is the Coverage of This Roof Tile?
The coverage provided by this tile is dependent upon the pitch of your roof. See below the number of tiles per square meter for various pitches.
10° - 15
16° - 20
21° - 90
What is the Life Expectancy of This Roof Tile?
This roof tile offers a 50 year gurantee, providing you with confidence that they will adorn your property for decades to come.
Do Eco Slate Roof Tiles Come With in a Coating?
Yes. These tiles are coated in a temporary protective coating, which prevents damage during transport. This brown coating will dissapear when placed in direct sunlight for a few days, at which point they will be grey,
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email [email protected] if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.