Atlas Regular Roof Lantern
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||5-7 Days|
|Overall Length||1000 mm|
|Overall Width||2000-4000 mm|
Overview of the Atlas Regular Roof Lantern
- Glass roof lantern from Atlas Roofing Solutions
- Multiple sizes to choose from
- Double-glazed with a layer of argon gas in between layers
- U-value of lantern can be as low as 1.2 w/m2k
- Perfect for extensions, kitchens, lounges, and summerhouses
- Thinner bars mean it lets in a remarkable volume of light
- Top-level thermal insulation
- Requires upstand for installation (not included)
From the popular Atlas roofing window range comes this roof lantern, boasting a fantastic and innovative design with a sleek, beautiful appearance. With intricately constructed bars that minimise obstruction of your view of the sky above, this is a true centerpiece for a wide array of different rooms in all sorts of properties. With just as much effort put into the production of the frame as the glass, this is a lantern that will catch the eye from both inside your property and outside.
What is the Glazing Made From?
This lantern is made from crystal clear glass that is virtually invisible even on sunny days. Two separate panels have been installed recreating the classic, reliable double-glazing model, making use of the latest industrial technologies while paying homage to this dependable design. In between these panels is an argon gas-filled cavity in between the panels to complete one of the most popular double-glazing designs. This guarantees an excellent level of insulation.
What is the Frame Made From?
The edge of this Lantern has been produced using high-quality aluminium, offering additional support for your roof lantern. This robust and durable material has been applied as an outer trim for a sleek, subtle appearance.
The frame of this lantern is incredibly slim, with a 40mm rafter width. This is an outstanding 70% slimmer than most other roof lanterns from competing brands, giving you a roof lantern with clean, sharp rafters and a gorgeous extension to your ceiling that looks just as appealing from the outside as it does from the inside.
Which Rooms is this Roof Lantern Best Suited For?
The Atlas Lantern is a gorgeous piece overflowing with grandeur, yet it is extremely versatile and can be installed to illuminate a range of rooms, from kitchens to living rooms and even summerhouses and recreational or hobby rooms. Because it lets in so much light thanks to its incredibly slim rafters, it is perfect for use in darker rooms in need of a major light source. Their unique appearance can also make a room look considerably larger as well as lighter, not to mention adding to the aesthetic of your home both inside and out.
These roof lanterns can be used on both upper and lower floors, and are great additions to extensions, conservatories and more. When placed in the middle of a roof, they add a symmetrical effect to the structure of your room.
Is This Roof Lantern Well Insulated?
Not only is the overall design of this lantern spectacular, but it also boasts some of the best insulation available on the market. The double-glazing assures that despite its considerable presence no matter the room you choose to install it in, the room will retain any heat and not lose it to the outside in colder winter months. This is also in part thanks to the argon gas, which tends to be heavier than oxygen and is far better at conserving heat.
One of the downsides of most roof lights is that they run the risk of overheating rooms in the summer, sometimes severely. The Atlas lanterns benefits from low E insulation, which helps to lessen the negative impact that may be inflicted upon your room during those warmer summer days. On top of this, the U-value of this roof lantern can be as low as 1.2 w/m2k (glass and frame), helping it to stand out from the competition.
How Much Light Does This Roof Lantern Let in?
With the thinner bars, this roof lantern is one of the clearest available on the market. It allows for an unrivaled amount of light into the room, with its size and shape giving off an extremely expansive, soothing look into the sky above. With this virtually unlimited light transmission, you can be assured that this lantern will illuminate even the darkest of rooms with calming, satisfying sunlight.
What Sizes is This Roof Lantern Available In?
This roof lantern is available in multiple sizes, which gives you the freedom to choose the best size for your project. Sizes include 1m x 2m, 1m x 2.5m, 1m x 3m, and 1m x 4m. No matter which size you decide on, you will be getting the full Atlas lantern experience, complete with the superb double-glazing, considerable versatility, and extensive light levels, not to mention the wonderful minimalist external design with flush glazing, topping off this lantern’s top-of-the-range appearance.
Does this Roof Lantern Come with a Kerb?
With the Atlas Lantern, no kerb is provided, and one will need to be prepared and ready on site in order to successfully carry out installation, preferably one built and installed by a professional builder. This is a crucial part of the preparation for your lantern and will ensure that it retains a top performance for an extended period of time.
However, once the lantern is installed it will require very little maintenance and will look pristine for years after installation.
Do I Need Planning Permission to Install this Roof Lantern?
Planning permission is often a tricky business, and one of the complications of it is that guidelines vary wildly across the country, so there is no real way to be absolutely sure of what you will and won’t be permitted to do without planning permission unless you contact your local council directly. It may be perfectly fine to install the roof lantern without planning permission in one region of the UK, but you may run afoul of rules in another. It always recommended, and crucial, that you check your local rules on planning permission, be this online or via your local council.
How Secure is this Roof Lantern?
For many homeowners across the country, security is one of the top concerns, and this is a fact Atlas are very attuned to. They have produced double glazing roof lanterns that are not only excellent insulators and superb at minimising sound pollution, but also because this type of glazing offers considerably increased levels of security compared to standard glazing. Because it is far stronger than the standard lantern, it is very unlikely to shatter, even under extreme force, and because it is securely fixed to the trim and therefore the roof, the glass is extremely difficult to remove, which will keep you, your property and your belongings safe and sound from potential intruders.
What is the Guarantee on This Roof Lantern?
Atlas wants you to be assured of their confidence that your lantern will serve you well long after the initial installation. Therefore, they have included a 10-year guarantee with their lanterns, so you can be assured that, if anything were to go wrong with your roof lantern, you won’t be left in the dark.
What Sets Atlas Apart from the Competition?
Atlas is a company that prides itself on manufacturing products that successfully balance a top performance with an outstanding appearance, with their roof lights and lanterns leaps and bounds ahead of competitors. Since 2011, they have been transforming UK homes using fresh technology with tried and tested methods and pride themselves in providing roof lanterns with unmatched design aesthetics, ease of use and top of the range performances.
Have a Question About the Atlas Regular Lantern?
Don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01295 565565, email us or chat with us online and get in touch with our dedicated team. They will do their best to help you out with any questions you may have about this product, another item in our huge selection, or your own roofing project.
This product is Custom Made and can't be resold. Read our Returns & Refund Policy to find out more.
|Lead Time||5-7 Days|
|Overall Length||1000 mm|
|Overall Width||2000-4000 mm|
With the festive break approaching, we're aim to keep you informed about any impact this may have on your delivery. You will therefore find additional information about when orders placed over during this break will be processed below the 'Add to Basket' button on most products. If you still have questions, please call our friendly team on 01295 565 565.
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.