Atlas Flat Roof Light
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||5-7 Days|
|Overall Length||1000 mm|
|Overall Width||1000-2000 mm|
Overview of the Atlas Flat Roof Light
- Glass roof light from Atlas Roofing Solutions
- 3 sizes to choose from: 1000mm x 1000mm, 1000mm x 1500mm, 1000mm x 2000mm
- Double-glazed with layer of argon gas in between layers
- Perfect for extensions, kitchens, lounges, and summerhouses
- No bars mean it lets in a remarkable volume of light
- Top-level thermal insulation
- Requires upstand for installation (not included)
The Atlas Flat Roof Light boasts a magnificent design with an unrivaled finished appearance. With no bars and a frameless look, your view will be totally unobscured, minimising the separation between you and the open sky above. Whether you are looking to fill one of your existing rooms with more light or are looking for a window to complement your extension, this window is a perfect candidate.
What is the Glazing Made From?
The window itself is made from crystal clear glass, with two separate panels installed to make a classic, reliable double-glazing model. It comes complete with an argon gas-filled cavity in between the panels to complete one of the most popular double-glazing designs, guaranteeing an excellent level of insulation.
All Flat Roof Lights by Atlas come with Active Neutral self-cleaning glass, a fantastic development that ensures your roof light stays cleaner for a far longer period of time.
What is the Frame Made From?
The roof light edge has been intricately crafted from aluminium and offers an added level of support for your window. This durable material has been applied as both an outer trim for a sleek, subtle appearance and an inner trim to create a great finish between the plaster and the glass.
Which Rooms is this Roof Light Best Suited For?
This product is very versatile and will complement a wide array of different rooms, from kitchens to lounges to summerhouses. Designed to let in as much light as possible by removing the bars that tend to be applied to most window types, it is ideal for darker rooms that could do with some extra brightness. Their unique appearance can make a room look considerably larger as well as lighter and add a great deal to a room’s aesthetic regardless of how many windows it already has.
These windows are best suited to the ground floor, single-story areas of your house so can make a great addition to extensions and conservatories. When placed in the middle of a roof, they can add a superb symmetrical effect to the structure of your room, proving to be quite the centerpiece that truly does catch the eye.
Is This Roof Light Well Insulated?
As well as a spectacular design, the Atlas Roof Light boasts some of the most efficient window insulation on the market. The aforementioned double-glazing assures that, despite the considerable presence it has on your room, the room will retain any heat and not lose it to the window. This is also in part thanks to the argon gas, which is heavier than oxygen and far better at conserving heat.
Many rooms with roof lights run the risk of becoming overheated in the summer to the extent that it is often uncomfortable to stay in them for too long. The Atlas roof light benefits from low E insulation, which helps to lessen the negative impact caused by those hotter summer days. On top of this, the roof light’s U-value of 1.3 w/m2k (glass and frame) helps it to stand out from the competition.
How Much Light Does This Roof Light Let In?
With no bars and one of clearest views available on the market, the Atlas Flat Roof Light allows an unrivaled amount of light into the room. It’s size and shape give off a look and aesthetic reminiscent of an open roof, with aluminium external and internal capping and PVCu internal core supporting the impressive glass structure. With this virtually unlimited light transmission, you can be sure that the roof light will illuminate even the darkest of ground floor rooms.
What Sizes is This Roof Light Available In?
This roof light is available in 3 sizes, giving you the freedom to choose the best size for your project. With a set length of 1m, the width can be provided in sizes of 1m, 1.50m, and 2m. Each size comes complete with the superb double-glazing, considerable versatility, and extensive light levels. Also provided is the beautiful minimalist external design with flush glazing, topping off the roof light’s stunning appearance.
Does This Roof Light Come with a Kerb?
No kerb is provided with the Atlas Flat Roof Light, and one will need to be ready onsite to carry out installation, preferably one built and installed by a professional builder. This is to ensure that the roof light will retain high-performance levels for an extended period of time.
However, once installed this roof light requires little maintenance, with several state-of-the-art features such as the brilliant Active Neutral self-cleaning glass will keep your view pristine for years after installation.
Do I Need Planning Permission to Fit This Roof Light?
Unfortunately, planning permission guidelines vary across the country, so there’s no real way to be sure of whether or not you will need it to install this roof light onto your building. You may be able to install it without planning permission in one area but may need it in another or otherwise run afoul of construction guidelines. It is always recommended to check your local rules on planning permission, be this online or via your local council.
How Secure is the Roof Light?
Security is always at the forefront of the mind of every customer, and this is something Atlas is very much aware of. They have designed their windows with double glazing not just because of the excellent insulation control and sound reduction, but also because of the added security this type of glazing provides. Because it is far stronger than standard glazing, the glass in this window is far less likely to shatter, even via extreme force, and because it is securely fixed to the trim and therefore the roof, the glass is extremely difficult to remove, keeping both you and your belongings safe within your home.
What is the Guarantee?
Atlas wants you to have peace of mind not only when installing this window, but for as long as possible once it has been applied to your roof. Therefore, they have included a 10-year guarantee with their roof lights and lanterns, so you can be assured that, if anything were to go wrong with your roof light, you won’t be left in the dark.
What Sets Atlas Apart from the Competition?
Atlas is a company that prides itself on manufacturing products that successfully balance a top performance with an outstanding appearance, with their roof lights and lanterns leaps and bounds ahead of competitors. Since 2011, they have been transforming UK homes using fresh technology with tried and tested methods and pride themselves in providing windows with unmatched design aesthetics, ease of use and top of the range performances.
Have a Question About the Atlas Flat Roof Light?
Don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01295 565565, email us or chat to us online and get in touch with our dedicated team. They will do their best to help you out with any questions you may have about this product, another item in our huge selection, or your own roofing project.
This product is Custom Made and can't be resold. Read our Returns & Refund Policy to find out more.
|Lead Time||5-7 Days|
|Overall Length||1000 mm|
|Overall Width||1000-2000 mm|
With the festive break approaching, we're aim to keep you informed about any impact this may have on your delivery. You will therefore find additional information about when orders placed over during this break will be processed below the 'Add to Basket' button on most products. If you still have questions, please call our friendly team on 01295 565 565.
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.