Atlas Contemporary Roof Lantern
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
Gold Trusted Service Award 2021
|Lead Time||5-7 Days|
|Overall Length||1000-1500 mm|
|Overall Width||1500-3000 mm|
Overview of the Atlas Contemporary Roof Lantern
- Glass roof lantern from Atlas Roofing Solutions
- Multiple sizes to choose from
- Double-glazed with a layer of argon gas in between layers
- U-value of window can be as low as 1.2 w/m2k
- Perfect for extensions, kitchens, lounges, and summerhouses
- Thinner bars mean it lets in a remarkable volume of light
- Top-level thermal insulation
- Requires upstand for installation (not included)
This contemporary roof lantern is from the fantastic Atlas line and uses an innovative model that benefits from the latest design and production technologies and is presented in a stunning, sleek appearance. Unlike the regular lantern from Atlas (also available here at Roofing Megastore), this variation has been produced using far fewer glazing bars, giving you a far clear view of the sky above while still benefitting from the secure, reliable Atlas lantern production methods. This truly is a window that will catch the eye from inside and outside your home.
What is the Glazing Made From?
The Atlas contemporary lantern window is made from glass, designed to be as crystal clear as possible. This makes it virtually invisible even on sunnier days where heavy light reflection would be far more obvious on other roof windows. Each of the four sections of glass feature two panels, creating the classic double-glazing style that is popular the world over. In between these panels is an argon gas-filled cavity, guaranteeing an excellent level of insulation.
What is the Frame Made From?
The frame of this lantern has been created using some of the highest quality aluminium available and offers additional support for your window. Robust and durable, this material has been used in order to achieve a sleek, subtle appearance that minimises obstruction of light flowing through your window.
Not only this, but the glazing bars of this window are an outstanding 70% slimmer than most other roof lanterns from competing brands. This gives you a window with clean, sharp bars that make this a perfect-looking extension to your ceiling that looks fantastic from both outside and inside.
Which Rooms is this Roof Lantern Best Suited For?
This Atlas Roof Lantern is extremely versatile and can be installed in a wide variety of rooms, giving them a grander character and illuminating them immensely. Kitchens, living rooms and even summerhouses are all ideal candidates in which to apply to this window, and because it lets in so much light due to the incredibly slim rafters, it is perfect for use in darker rooms in need of a major light source.
Their unique appearance not only lights up the room but makes it look larger as well, not mention adding to the overall aesthetic of your home both inside and out
These windows can be used on both the upper and lower floors. They are great additions to extensions, conservatories and more, and when placed in the middle of a roof, they add a symmetrical effect to the structure of your room.
Is this Roof Lantern Well Insulated?
The Atlas Contemporary Roof Lantern also benefits from some of the best insulation available on the market. The double-glazing assures that the room will retain heat in those colder winter months. This is also due to the presence of argon gas in between the glass panels, as argon is far better at conserving heat than oxygen is.
One of the more notable drawbacks of most roof lights is that they can sometimes lead to a room becoming extremely hot in the summer, sometimes to the extent that it is uncomfortable to enter said room. The Atlas range benefits from low E insulation, which helps to lessen the negative impact that befalls most other brands during peak heat season. On top of this, the U-value of the lantern can be as low as 1.2 w/m2k (glass and frame), helping it to stand out from the competition.
How Much Light Does This Roof Lantern Let in?
With the thinner glazing bars, the Atlas Contemporary Roof Lantern is one of the clearest available, and thus allows for a virtually unrivaled amount of light to enter the room. It’s size and shape also allow for a remarkably expansive, soothing look into the sky above, and with this level of light transmission, you can be assured that this lantern will illuminate even the darkest of rooms with calming, satisfying sunlight.
What Sizes is This Roof Lantern Available In?
Multiple sizes are available for this roof lantern. The sizes are 1m x 1.5m, 1m x 2m, 1.5m x 2m, 1.5m x 2.5m, and 1.5m x 3m. These 5 sizes give you the freedom to choose the best scale for your particular project. No matter which size you go for, the full Atlas lantern experience will be open to you, complete with the superb double-glazing, considerable versatility, and extensive light levels, not to mention the wonderful minimalist extern design with flush glazing, topping off the brand’s broad array of benefits.
Does This Roof Lantern Come With a Kerb?
No Kerb is provided with the Atlas Contemporary Lantern. A kerb will need to prepared and ready onsite in order to carry out the application of the window to your property successfully. Preferably, this should be built and installed by a professional builder. This is a crucial part of the preparation for your window and will ensure that it retains a top performance for an extended length of time. Plus, once the window is installed, it will require very little maintenance and will look pristine for years after installation.
Do I Need Planning Permission to Install this Lantern?
Planning permission is often one of the trickier parts of any construction project, and one of the complications of it is that guidelines vary depending on the part of the country you are located in. Thus, there is no real way to be absolutely sure of whether or not you will need planning permission for your roof lantern unless you contact your local council directly. It is always recommended, and crucial, that you check your local rules regarding planning permission and building requirements, be this online or via your local council.
How Secure is This Roof Lantern?
Security is a top concern for homeowners across the country, and Atlas are very attuned to this fact. They have produced their roof lanterns with strong, robust double-glazed glass that is not only excellent at insulation and the reduction of sound pollution, but is also remarkably secure, especially hen compared to standard glazing. Because it is far stronger than the standard window, it is very unlikely to shatter even when under extreme force or pressure and it is securely fixed to trim, and therefore the roof. This glass is extremely difficult to remove, which will keep you, your property and your belongings safe and sound from potential intruders.
What is the Guarantee on this Roof Lantern?
Your window will serve you well, long after installation. This is a fact that Atlas are confident in, and have included a 10-year guarantee with their roof lights and lanterns so you can be as confident as they are.
What Sets Atlas Apart from the Competition?
Atlas is a company that prides itself on manufacturing products that successfully balance a top performance with an outstanding appearance, with their roof lights and lanterns leaps and bounds ahead of competitors. Since 2011, they have been transforming UK homes using fresh technology with tried and tested methods and pride themselves in providing windows with unmatched design aesthetics, ease of use and top of the range performances.
Have a Question About the Atlas Contemporary Lantern?
Don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01295 565565, email us or chat with us online and get in touch with our dedicated team. They will do their best to help you out with any questions you may have about this product, another item in our huge selection, or your own roofing project.
This product is Custom Made and can't be resold. Read our Returns & Refund Policy to find out more.
|Lead Time||5-7 Days|
|Overall Length||1000-1500 mm|
|Overall Width||1500-3000 mm|
With the festive break approaching, we're aim to keep you informed about any impact this may have on your delivery. You will therefore find additional information about when orders placed over during this break will be processed below the 'Add to Basket' button on most products. If you still have questions, please call our friendly team on 01295 565 565.
We understand that ordering products online can be daunting, especially when ordering roofing materials. It is for this reason that we make our delivery processes as simple as possible for you. However, there are a few things to know about our delivery processes. These include:
- When placing an order, you’ll see a breakdown of your delivery charge in your shopping cart. These charges are for the UK mainland only, and additional charges may apply for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and other regions.
- Deliveries only take place on working days (Mon - Fri) and do not take place on Bank Holidays.
- You’ll find an estimated delivery on the majority of product pages below the 'Add to Basket' button. Whilst we aim to deliver your items within the estimated delivery, it is only an estimate.
- You're able to select a preferred delivery date in your shopping basket. Whilst we aim to deliver your items on this date, it is not guaranteed.
- Orders placed after 12pm, during the weekend, and on a bank holiday will not be processed until the next working day. Please consider this when placing your order as it may impact your delivery date.
- After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email outlining the details of your order. Please check your order confirmation email and inform us of any mistakes or errors immediately.
- Shortly after receiving your order confirmation you’ll receive a separate email confirming the planned delivery date.
- We can only provide a delivery date and are not able to confirm the time delivery will be attempted. Therefore, we ask that somebody is able to accept and sign for your items throughout the started delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept and sign for an order, it can be left in a safe location in most circumstances. Please email email@example.com if you would like an item to be left without a signature.
- Whilst we aim to hold the majority of our products in stock, due to the vast number of products we offer this is not always possible. Because of this we are required to send your items directly from the manufacturer on a small number of occasions, at which point a different delivery charge may apply as standard.
- On occasions the items ordered may be shipped from different depots, which could result in seperate deliveries taking place.
- To ensure you are aware of all our delivery processes, please read our Delivery Information in full before placing your order.
- We urge you to read our Terms & Conditions and Refunds, Returns and Cancellation Policy before placing an order. By placing an order, you are confirming that you’ve read these in full and explicitly accept them.
If you have more questions about our products or delivery, please contact our team online or by telephone.
We understand mistakes can be made and we therefore keep our cancellation and returns policy as simple as possible. However, there are a few things to know about cancelling an order or returning an item. These include:
Items Not Required
Should you no longer require an item, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of delivery unless the items are custom made. You needn’t give us reason for cancelling your order but will be required to notify us by email. Once notified we will provide an address for the items to be returned to and arrange the necessary refund.
Faulty or Damaged Items
On the rare occasion that an item is delivered faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide a refund. We must be notified by email as soon as possible and may require images. To avoid such an issue, we ask that customers do not sign for damaged goods.
Custom Made Items
A handful of items are ‘Custom Made’. This means they are typically manufactured to the specifications provided by you and are therefore non-refundable. This is unless they are deemed to be faulty or damaged at the time of delivery, at which point you should notify us by email as soon as possible.
For further information on cancellations, returns and refunds please read our full policy by clicking here. This confirms any other requirements to consider (i.e. packaging), fees that may be charged (i.e. admin charges) and our policy for businesses.